Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh that Pickles.

Pickles decided to swallow a large piece of chicken whole last night. We spent about an hour an a half alternating between tweezing it out, sucking it out with a bulb syringe, and letting her push it up on her own. It was our first encounter with a choking rat, and it sure was something. I thought later that I should have photographed the two large pieces we removed, but honestly, as we were taking them out I just wanted them gone.

Pickles is doing well again and still trying to eat most anything in sight.

2 comments:

Kats_Kritters said...

I would be so scared if one of my rats had started to choke. Glad you got the pieces out. =)

Anonymous said...

ah, time to practice the "rattie fling" as mentioned in Debbie Ds writings and the rat health guide.

scary moment there!!